It’s been a drawn out couple of weeks, thankfully I have something to show for it! Not long after I had posted the last update I managed to get the whole interior masked off to paint the cage. Let’s just say I caught up on all the recent local events lol.
As I’ve been a bit busy lately, I thought I’d update on something that I did a little while ago. Due to the fact that we want to run an airbox, the bay has required a bit of a swap around. After deliberating for a good few weeks about where the intake was going to be I finally decided on taking it from the front bumper. As I wanted to keep it as close to the centre as possible (the highest pressure area), this meant that I had to make room between the radiator and the fuel cell.
We’ve all been there. You know, those couple of “small” jobs to do that won’t take long. Somewhere along the line it usually takes a left turn into something that’s bigger than Ben Hur! I’ve been finishing off a few of these in the last few weeks. At Jamboree last year we ran the dial in board with some suction cups. After a few nights tossing around a few ideas I came up with something that will do the job just nicely.
Chop chop! We’ve been putting in the hard yards cutting out the boot floor and spare wheel well. The past week has been spent cleaning up seam sealer and grinding down any offending spot welds. As is the way with this sort of thing the amount of time spent doing it far exceeds the results. However, this means we can put in some nice new steel and carve out a few kilo’s at the same time
Continue reading ABR RX7 – Getting Some Love Part II