Holy cow! It’s been nearly a year since the last site update!!! Let me assure you that a lot has happened in that period, I won’t go into details here but you can check out the progress since then by liking our facebook page – http://www.facebook.com/AngryBeeRacing. I’ll be starting up the regular updates again although I have been maintaining the Top 20, there’s been a fair bit of movement in that regard! Now, onto the good stuff…
It’s been a drawn out couple of weeks, thankfully I have something to show for it! Not long after I had posted the last update I managed to get the whole interior masked off to paint the cage. Let’s just say I caught up on all the recent local events lol.
As I’ve been a bit busy lately, I thought I’d update on something that I did a little while ago. Due to the fact that we want to run an airbox, the bay has required a bit of a swap around. After deliberating for a good few weeks about where the intake was going to be I finally decided on taking it from the front bumper. As I wanted to keep it as close to the centre as possible (the highest pressure area), this meant that I had to make room between the radiator and the fuel cell.
We’ve all been there. You know, those couple of “small” jobs to do that won’t take long. Somewhere along the line it usually takes a left turn into something that’s bigger than Ben Hur! I’ve been finishing off a few of these in the last few weeks. At Jamboree last year we ran the dial in board with some suction cups. After a few nights tossing around a few ideas I came up with something that will do the job just nicely.
Finally had a chance to finish off the floor and shock towers! It’s been slow going with some inclement weather, the motivation just hasn’t been there. Having said that, the car interior is now stripped out completely ready for a few minor changes and a 16v battery setup.
Continue reading ABR RX7 – Rebooted, Floor and Door Work