As I’ve been a bit busy lately, I thought I’d update on something that I did a little while ago. Due to the fact that we want to run an airbox, the bay has required a bit of a swap around. After deliberating for a good few weeks about where the intake was going to be I finally decided on taking it from the front bumper. As I wanted to keep it as close to the centre as possible (the highest pressure area), this meant that I had to make room between the radiator and the fuel cell.

The result is a bit of a switch-a-roo, the fuel cell has been relocated to the passenger side and mounted against the chassis rail while the radiator has been relocated to the drivers side to better fit in with the EWP. This has left us with with about 4 1/2 inches of room for the 4 inch tube we’re using for the intake pipe. We’ve spent a few hours mocking up an airbox and have come up with something we think will be suitable. As with most things on this car, it’s a bit of a compromise, but more on that later.

Another by product of this has been the relocation of the fuel system. Basically it’s been flipped 180 degrees and now runs to the drivers side. I’ve remounted the fuel reg, which now has a bracket for the first time in 4 years 🙂 Basically the supply and return now run together the whole way and has cut out about a metre or so of excess fuel line. Obviously this will be finalised with the airbox, but it’s a good start.

That’s all for now, I’ll leave you with the engine bay as of tonight…

Tone