Finally had a chance to finish off the floor and shock towers! It’s been slow going with some inclement weather, the motivation just hasn’t been there. Having said that, the car interior is now stripped out completely ready for a few minor changes and a 16v battery setup.

So taking up where we left off in the last post, we did a test run on some scrap sheet to figure out our layout for the bead rolling. We came up with this:

After the successful test I cut out the basic shape from some 0.8 sheet and then Scott and I proceeded to roll up the real floor. We also massaged the hump section into shape.

Once we were happy with the fitment I tacked it all in. I decided against fully welding it in as I’m sure at some stage down the track it will probably be coming out again 🙂 I also did the shock tower covers.

Fast forward a week or so and I managed to get all the seams sealed. For a drag car this is probably not really necessary however in the past I’ve had real issues with the cabin filling with methanol fumes so this is to try and keep it to a minimum.

I’ve also started on the door trims. Big doors are BIG (can for reference)

I thought I’d try and get jiggy with it using snips. This was a futile exercise, very slow going. I did manage to view some rather informative videos on YouTube on the subject though.

I’ve got an alloy cutting wheel for my grinder in the car that will be getting some use in the next day or so. I was going to use a jigsaw but thought it may distort the edges if the blade caught. Once rough cut I’ll do final trimming with the snips.

Other than that, the interior has had a really good clean out. There was quite a bit of dust and crud in the car.

So that’s it for this week, should be some good updates next week with a few things finished off!

And a big shout-out to Kyle at 6Boost for the use of his bead roller. If your chasing a turbo manifold for your machine, he’s your man 😉

Tone