Posted on

So, Some Progress…

It’s been a while since I last posted, but things have been moving along slowly for us. Scott has moved Interstate for work and of course I’m geographically separated from the vehicle as well (being in Brissy). As you can imagine this makes things a bit of a nightmare logistically, but between myself, Scott and my father-in-law we’ve been able to get the ball rolling again.


Basically, we had the outside of the car stripped, which we had done by hand. Once I got to the inside though was a different story 🙁 The place was plastered with spray glue and after half an hour of trying to remove it with various chemicals I decided enough was enough! I decided that it would be going in to the sandblasters instead to take car of it all. Well, after a few months we finally managed to get it organised. It’s been in, blasted and is now back in the shed. I must say that I was impressed with the work (the name escapes me at the moment) but he did the underside as well for the price he quoted even though I said not to worry about it.


For a car that spent the best part of 6 years in the weather and under a tree it has surprisingly little rust. I spent the best part of Saturday spraying on some etch primer, and that’s how it sits at the moment. Next up are some minor rust repairs, and then we are looking into a cage and possibly back halving the car. If you look closely you can make out the slight change in colour from the etch primer. Also the last few pics are of the major rust that needs repairing. But don’t believe me about the condition of it, here are some pics to back up my claims… 😛