MOTOR IS BACK IN!!!! – sort of 😛

Even though I haven’t updated in the last few weeks, I’ve been working out a few technical issues. I’ve started on the rear engine plate and after taking some measurements I made a couple of mdf templates. These were OK, however after drawing it up on some steel today it turns out that a couple of the measurements are a slightly out 🙁 On the bright side, both the dowel pin holes are quite close to being right (less than a mm out). Disregard the rusty sheet in the photo, once I’m happy with the dimensions I’ll be getting the real one water/laser cut with only the dowel holes; I’m going to invest in a transfer punch to do the others. After dummying up with the fuel cell I may also have to get creative with the front engine plate as it will foul the fuel filters. I might pull them out of the 7 and set it all up to get it right.

I’ve also been racking my brain over the mazda-celica bell-housing adapter as even though they were common say 10-15 years ago, they’re as rare as rocking horse poo nowadays! I think I’ll take the same approach with that – get the centre machine and then use a transfer punch to do all the holes. I put the box in today just to see if it would be comfortable in my desired seating posistion, should be just right 😉

Anyway, some pics…

Engine Plate Mock Up

Real Deal (uncut)

Tank with high tec fixing method 😛

Box dummied up to test seating position

Latest 3d model

Tone 8)